We use your data to provide and improve the Website. By using the Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Our Website and Links
Information Collection and Use
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name and last name/
- Contact Data includes delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website (including the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data), products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Location Data. We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of our Website, to improve and customise our Website. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Website at any time, through your device settings.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to we may not be able to add you to our mailing list, contact you about vacancies, communicate with you or perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us (if we are under a contract to provide products and services) but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How We Collect Your Data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- apply for a job;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers such as Google based inside and outside the UK
Use of Data
We use the collected data in the following ways:
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To administer, provide and maintain our|
Website (including troubleshooting,
testing, system maintenance, support,
reporting and hosting of data, as well as
detecting, preventing and addressing
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud, and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise|
|To notify you about changes to our|
(c) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)|
|To allow you to participate in interactive|
features of our Website when you
choose to do so
(d) Marketing and Communications (e) Technical
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)|
|To provide customer support||(a) Identity|
(d) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business and to study how customers use our products/services)|
|To gather analysis or valuable|
information so that we can improve our
Website (including monitoring the
usage of our Website
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To provide you with news, special offers and general information about services which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.||(a) Identity|
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
|To process your job application or|
interest in becoming one of our
customer or supplier partners
(c) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business and to carry out recruitment)|
(b) To comply with a legal obligation (i.e. recruitment and employment obligations)
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you.. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Third-party marketing – We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
Opting out – You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement – Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Legal Requirements – We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- protect and defend our rights or property;
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website;
- protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public; or
- to protect against legal liability.
Internal Purposes – We may disclosure your data to other companies within our Group.
Service Providers – We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide the Website on our behalf, to perform Website related services, to assist us in analysing how our Website is used or to provide recruitment services. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We share your personal data within our Group. This may involve transferring your data outside the UK. In addition, some of our external third parties are based outside the UK so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the UK. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the UK government.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us and while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retention of Data
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information.
No fee usually required – You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you – We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond – We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Name: Ciara McCloskey
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: AquaQ Analytics, Suite 5, 9-15 Queen Street, Belfast, BT1 6EA
Telephone number: +442890312939
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.