kdb/kdb+ is the market leading timeseries database from Kx Systems. It is used to capture, process and analyse billions of records on a daily basis. kdb/kdb+ incorporates a programming language, q, which is known for its performance and expressive power.
TorQ is a framework which forms the basis of a production kdb/kdb+ system by implementing some core functionality and utilities on top of kdb/kdb+, allowing developers to concentrate on the application business logic. We have incorporated as many best practices as possible, with particular focus on performance, process management, diagnostic information, maintainability and extensibility. TorQ incorporates a suite of processes which are required in the majority of kdb/kdb+ environments.
TorQ vastly reduces the time-to-market of any kdb/kdb+ implementation.
AquaQ Analytics serves as the technology partner for AquaQ Clinical, a provider of specialist clinical trial related software. The company’s flagship hosted clinical trials costing solution is called INSIGHT.
INSIGHT enables clients to forecast, capture and analyse cost elements relating to clinical trials.
- No more need for isolated silos of spreadsheets across the organisation.
- Roll-up to the enterprise level view of your costs or drill-down into individual departments or clinical trials with ease.
- Track and visualize cost changes over time to iteratively improve your forecasting methodology going forward.
- Full access to INSIGHT is provided through desktop and mobile devices.
INSIGHT is powered by technologies used extensively within the financial services sector (kdb+ and mongoDB).
For more information, please go to www.aquaqclinical.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AquaQ Analytics is pleased to announce the release of a collection of market data Connector utilities that act as extensions to the core TorQ framework for kdb+.
- TorQ Connectors allow simple integration with many commonly used market data providers and include appropriate data schemas set up in TorQ out of the box to capture and store data (EOD files or streaming data feeds).
- Core functionality such as message parsing and connection logic is standardized across the Connectors.
- The Connectors are deigned to act as a development kit, in most cases extending the libraries provided by the relevant market data vendors.
- For more information on pricing and assistance, please contact email@example.com.
The current set of available TorQ Connectors is listed below in alphabetical order:
• Activ Financial
ACTIV is a global provider of real-time, multi-asset financial market data and solutions. ACTIV offers neutral, managed services for buy and sell-side firms and technology providers seeking a complete market data solution that encompasses both global content management and data delivery across the enterprise. Activ is one of the most popular choices by both buy and sell side firms, when considering vendors for low latency data access across a number of asset classes.
The award-winning EBS Market platform has been at the heart of the FX market for more than twenty years, and remains the benchmark for the professional FX trading community. Our EBS TorQ Connector provides simple integration to both the Live and Ai products.
The Nanex framework NxCore is a high-performance ticker plant that brings the whole market to your workstation or desktop computer. NxCore excels in delivering and databasing all the quotes and trades transmitted by the exchanges, even in the hyper-active U.S. Option market (OPRA) which now transmits over 4,500,000 quotes per second, and 8 billion quotes per trading day.
• Thomson Reuters MAPI
Thomson Reuters Matching API (MAPI) Handlers provide ultra-low latency access to Thomson Reuters Matching market data and trading. They are implemented as easy-to-use yet flexible and powerful libraries that could be quickly integrated into client infrastructure. Our MAPI TorQ Connector provides a wrapper to this framework.