Kdb+ and Kx Systems
Kx Systems provides a unified approach to streaming, realtime and historical data. The kdb/kdb+ relational database enables leading financial services companies to capture, analyze and store vast amounts of data in seconds or less. Kx products close the gap between what ordinary databases deliver and what today’s realtime enterprises need. For more information visit kx.com.
- AquaQ Analytics provides kdb/kdb+ support and development consultants to clients. This can be on client-site, or working from our Belfast offices through our near-shore model. We can also deliver full end-to-end kdb/kdb+ projects for clients, from project inception to go-live, including business analysis, development, testing and project management services. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- AquaQ also provides data mining and predictive analytics services using technologies including SAS Analytics and R.
Training ServicesAquaQ Analytics provides a range of both online training and classroom-based courses for kdb/kdb+.
Online Kdb Training
Classroom Kdb Training
- Remote Development work on a FAME to kdb+ migration project, including up front analysis and documentation work.
- Development of a TCA platform in the Equities space for a client (3 man team).
- Near-shore RTB (Run the Bank) team of 8 responsible for 24/7 support of a large global kdb+ based market data platform for an Investment Bank.
- Implementation of the Datawatch visualisation tool on top of a kdb+ database for an operations team at an Investment Bank.
- Remote Development of a GUI in .Net/WPF for a Bond Analytics Tool used by sales personnel to create Bond Ladders for clients (5 man team).
- Creation of a Feed Handler from Nanex into kdb+ for a hedge fund client.
- Creation of a Feed Handler from Activ Financial into kdb+ for a hedge fund client.
- Remote Development of a Bond Aggregation and Trading Application used by Bond Traders with a .Net/WPF frontend with a kdb+ back-end (6 man team). Services provided in this engagement ranged from Business Requirements Documentation, to GUI design using wireframes, to automated testing.
- Onsite team of 2 consultants working with an existing kdb+ platform to create additional commodities functionality and rates functionality.
- Provision of kdb+ classroom Training Courses to clients in Belfast, London, Hong Kong and New York.
- Onsite team of 2 consultants working with an Investment Bank who has only recently adopted kdb+ for market data storage and dissemination. Support in the hardware selection process also provided. Currently creating a gateway to the kdb+ services and uploading 10 years of Global Equities Data into the Historical Database.
- Development of a latency monitoring metrics database using kdb+.
- Provision of SAS Financial Crimes implementation services to a retail banking client (2 man team).
- Development and Implementation of predictive modelling and pricing models for a Northern Ireland Insurance Broker.